Preventative Maintenance is one of the best things that you can do to keep auto repair costs down and keep your vehicle running properly. Each car is different. It is always suggested you look through your vehicles owner manual to know when it is best to change/replace fluids and other components based on your autos make and model. Keeping an eye on the important components that make up your vehicle will help to prevent both dangerous and costly incidences.
Let J-N-J Auto Service help keep your car operating smoothly with our preventative maintenance services. There are several things you can perform on your own if you are familiar with them, like oil changes, changing the air filter, changing brake pads, adding coolant or anti-freeze, while others require assistance from a professional. We have been proving affordable, honest auto repairs and maintenance in Phoenix since 1996. You can trust that you car is in good hands!
Preventative Maintenance Services:
- Oil Change
- Check Engine Light Service
- Car Battery Installation & Replacement
- Timing Belt Check Up
- 30,000 Mile Maintenance
- 60,000 Mile Maintenance
- 90,000 Mile Maintenance
- Used Car Inspections
Our oil changes are not like the ones you get at chain oil places and we do not try and compete with them. We use high quality bottled oil only, specific to each car and car manufacturers recommendations. The bulk oil the majority of chain oil shops use do not meet most manufacturers specifications.
Preventative Maintenance Tips
Read Your owners manual to find out what is best for your car. An Ford F150 will have different needs than a Honda Accord.
- Regular Oil Change – Some people may tell you to get your oil changed every 3000 miles. This is not always the case and depends on your car and your manufacturers recommendations. It can range from every 3000 to 7000-800 miles. The key here is to regularly change your car oil specific to your owners manual recommendations.
- Regularly Monitor Fluids – Even if you do not know how to go about changing or refilling fluids, make sure to check them. Knowing if you need them or if there is a leak is essential and will prevent additional costs and auto repairs. Think engine oil antifreeze, power steering, coolant, and even your wiper fluid.
- Check Your Battery – Know where your car battery is and inspect it periodically to make sure there is no build up, corrosion, or leaks. If there is build up, get a brush and clean it off.Ch
- Check Your Tires & Tire Pressure – Invest in a cheap gauge and regularly check the pressure in your tires as well as the tread. Worn tires are dangerous. Getting your tires rotated and balanced regularly will help them last longer too.
- Check Your Spark Plugs – Refer to your owners manual on when to have them changed. This typically is around 30,000 miles. Work out spark plugs can create engine problems so make sure they are healthy.
Keep up on the health of your car and you will help to better your fuel economy, prevent unwanted expenses and keep yourself safe. Have questions? Call J-N-J Auto Service. We provide Auto Care You Can Trust!